Thursday, October 26, 2006



Exploring the grounds of one Temple I came upon a monk who seemed to want to talk English. Fair enough.. I sat down.. 20 mins later I was still there in the blasting heat. Each time I went to go he'd ask me another question (he had a list of them in his notebook).. 'How many brothers and sisters do you have?'.. excetera! Eventually I figured he wanted something.. cash, my camera or an English dictionary sent from my home to him would do just fine.. (none of these were threats.. he just didn't know what I was saying sometimes and wonderered did I want to give hime some money or my camera.. very politely mind you.. and didn't mind that I didn't!) So in the end we swapped addresses.. I have his in my suitcase now travelling the world with me. I intend to send him a dictionary when I get home.. eek hope he doesn't contact me.. eons of miles away so not to worry (plus he said he will wish/hope for luck for me, aahh..!).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home